Training and Workshops
We offer training and workshops to individuals, groups, organisations, counsellors, psychotherapists, and counselling / psychotherapy students. We can tailor make a workshop to suit your needs, covering any issue, and using either a therapeutic or an educational structure, or both.
Currently we offer three different kinds of training / workshops:
Personal Development Workshops
These workshops are for individuals wanting to further their understanding of themselves, through learning basic ideas/theory and experiencing through group interactive discussions, and fun exercises. A certificate of attendance is given on completion of the workshop. Here are some examples:
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming For Beginners
- Transactional Analysis For Beginners
- Effective Communication
- From Stress to Relaxation
- Effective Parenting
- Creating Effective Relationships
- Exploring The Self Through Clay
- Child ego state exploration - paint your own Russian doll
To see what Personal Development Workshops we are currently running, click here.
These workshops are for professionals already working in the field of counselling, psychotherapy, social work etc, and for psychotherapy and counselling students. Workshops are theoretically based with exercises and triads to help integrate the theory into practice. Where possible all CPD's will be from accredited BACP / UKCP members, and experienced psychotherapy / counselling trainers. A certificate of CPD hours will be given on completion of each workshop. Here are some examples:
- Couples Counselling / Psychotherapy
- Trauma as a Natural Process
- Working Effectively With Depression and Anxiety
- Art in Psychotherapy
- Relaxation and Meditation in Psychotherapy
- Anger Management - how do deal with anger in the therapy room
- Understanding and Working With Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Child Development Ages and Stages
- Attachement Theory to Practice
- Attachment In Psychotherapy: An Introduction
- Attachment In Psychotherapy: Intermediate
- Attachment in Psychotherapy: Advanced
- Using NLP as a counsellor / psychotherapist
We usually run CPD's on a monthly basis. We have an affordable £50 per day fee for our in-house workshops, which include handouts, refreshments, and either a 6 or 12 hour CPD certificate. Every three months or so, we invite guest tutors from varous approaches, to deliver a one or two day CPD.
If you wish to see our current CPD programme, more details can be found on our upcoming CPD page.
Certified Training Courses
Our training courses are for individuals wanting to either work towards, or become qualified in Transactional Analysis or Neuro-Linguistic Programming. More information to come in the near future.
- Transactional Analysis - 101 certified official course
Training Workshop Costs
For individuals, the cost of our workshops depend on the workshop type and timescale involved), however, as a guide our CPD's will cost between £100 - £230 per weekend workshop, and £50 - £90 for our Personal Development Workshops. This amount includes travelling expenses, room hire, refreshments, and handouts for you to take home with you.
If you are on benefits we may be able to offer you a consessionary rate, depending on the type of benefit you are receiving and your personal circumstances (please note that proof of your benefits will be required).
For organisations the cost of the workshops are from £120.00 - £230.00 (depending on the workshop type and timescale involved) for up to 10 people attending. This amount includes our travelling expenses, refreshments, and also handouts for each individual attending.
If you are a not-for-profit organisation, a volunteer led organisation or a charity we may be able to offer consessionary rates depending on your circumstances.
If you would like any further information, please contact us using the details below: